THE BEAUTIFULLY RUGGED DIGITAL TOTEM Beautiful things aren’t always fragile. The new i-player by USB looks like a work of art, but has an industrial heart - designed, engineered and manufactured to handle all the that are part of busy public settings like malls, larger retailers, airports, campuses and convention centers. Put a bright, full HD 49-inch interactive display totem in the middle of the action to help people look-up information, get directions and learn about promotions and offers. Sleek, minimal and stunning, the i-Kiosk is designed by the same people who design the latest must-have smartphones. i-Kiosk Digital advertisement banners are sturdy and built to last, and will stay beautiful.
Projected Capacitive Touch Screen Technology and Borders
With the advent and ever increasing popularity of smart phones and tablet computers, projected capacitive (PCAP) touch sensors are becoming more prevalent every day. This prevalence is leading more and more product development teams to look at including touch features in their new designs. In turn these designs push the boundary of what is possible for PCAP sensor, in both capability and form factor.
The size of a PCAP sensor is directly related to the size of the display active area and the borders needed to have a linearly sensitive, reliable sensor that can be manufactured efficiently. Many different options are available for hosting the conductive traces that make up the bulk of that border, all with their own pros, cons and costs. Ideally, the sensor and the display would have the same active and outer areas, but as display borders get narrower, the touch sensor industry is striving to keep pace.
PCAP in a nutshell
The pros of projected capacitive touch systems are:
• bezel-less technology (flush all glass surface)
• impervious to light interference, works in any setting
• very accurate and responsive, same technology found in tablets and smart phones.
• will only detect touch from a finger or stylus
• solid objects can be placed on the display surface without interrupting touch capabilities on other areas of the display
• easy to clean (water and dust resistant)
• capable of 60 touch points
• smooth gesture recognition
• rapid and smooth response
• can be integrated into thin, durable displays
• technology not widely available in larger sized screens
• some film applications can interfere with image quality
Contact us for more Information on the various types of Multi touch displays and the products that fit your usage best.